Welcome to the SpellBound AR Wiki
SpellBound's Style Guide:
What is a style guide?
Typically, a style guide has all or some of these three components:
- Brand Identity
- Logo guide (How do we use the logo? How should it look in different context?)
- Color scheme (What are SpellBound’s colors?)
- Font guide (What font should I use and where?)
- Company templates (Letterheads, business cards, etc.)
- Web guidelines (What should the website look like?)
- UI guidelines (What should the app look like?)
- Communication tools
- Voice + style guide (Product names, ® placement, etc.)
- Ads + communication (How should our advertisements look? How can we make them consistent?)
- Social media (What should Facebook look like vs. Twitter? How should they be the same?)
- Corporate Guidelines
- Core purpose, mission statement and values (What do we believe in?)
- Brand guidelines (What does SpellBound mean?)
- Target audience (Who is receiving our branding?)
What are the key parts of a style guide?
The main things a style guide will help us establish are:
- What does SpellBound look like? How can we remain visually consistent? How can we help someone look at a product and know it’s by SpellBound?
- What does SpellBound feel like? How can we help customers understand our brand values?
- How can we help SpellBound look established and reputable? How will customers know we are here to help?
What is the purpose of a style guide?
A style guide helps us maintain consistency between platforms. For example, we need the app and our website to have the same feel.
Another important factor is professionalism; it is important that customers understand that we are a real company and are looking for the cheddar!
A style guide will also help in situations where you may not know how to format something. This can include an advertisement, branding a social media page, or writing a sales email. With a style guide, you will have a reference point of how something should look and sound.
The biggest part of having a style guide is creating a uniform user experience. Good UX will help customers return for more products, refer their friends and enjoy working with us!
Photos and videos are a great way to add visuals to your wiki. Find videos about your topic by exploring Fandom's Video Library.